Portfolio WebsiteFebruary 06, 2020 - 2 min read 🍵
I recently found out about Shopify’s Dev Degree program and quickly wanted something up and running. This was a big motivator for me to finally create a personal portfolio.
I stumbled on a template from Gatsby by a person named Greg lobinski and really loved the simplistic design. I forked it and ended up tweaking the UI to my liking. The template already had implemented SASS/SCSS and a BEM structure which became a perfect opportunity to apply the concepts I’ve been learning from an Advanced CSS and SASS course on Udemy.
I picked up CSS-in-JS from learning how to build this blog and after learning about the BEM structure approach with SCSS, I can see the pros and cons to both methods and much prefer the structure of external files
It is nice to see how others implement the BEM structure in a React project. I can confidently navigate through a project to know how to achieve my desired result. Overall, I’m happy with the way it turned out!
The changes I made below:
- The overall colour scheme, I found inspiration from colorhunt
- Migration from React-icons v2 to v3
- Adding a bigger personal picture and center aligned the design for the first page
- Added a small snippet of text below to redirect to this blog
- Added information to the projects page using React
You can visit it by clicking my name above next to my avatar 🙂